Merry Christmas! (Last For The Year)- Immigration, Somalis, Omar ,and The Founding Fathers
Hi Everyone!
I'm sorry I haven't been very consistent this year. This portion of our ministry is not a primary focus, so I engage here as often as possible, but the year has been hectic. I don't plan on trying to write monthly next year, though I do plan to keep rationing out Fuzzy thoughts.
My last thoughts for the year involve Immigration. In scripture, no Government is sacred, only God's kingdom. In America, we often confuse that reality; in fact, every country does. When we look at the Minnesota issue and the Somalis, yes, I said Somalis, the only people who call Somalis Somalians are people void of adequate information regarding Somalis.
That being said, if Omar did commit any fraud, she should be imprisoned or executed for treason, not deported. Ultimately, I think all US citizens should serve in the military when they come of age, and so should immigrants to get citizenship. If that happened, we would have a mass exodus. Ultimately, the whole thing is just a show. If the government had really wanted to do anything, it would have pursued the Dahabshiil transfer system, which is known to be a little shady and a favorite of US AID, the UN, and every Somali.
The rhetoric of Somalis built the country, or the founding fathers didn't account for Islam, is misguided. While Somalis were likely on the British naval ships, both as soldiers and slaves, that doesn't mean they were an integral part of the origin of America; it also doesn't mean they weren't. There are Somalis all throughout the USA who are normal citizens. The problem in Minnesota comes from the USA's involvement in the Middle East and the Horn of Africa in the 90s, decisions that helped make much of the terrorist activity that we are still fighting, but is also a mess we helped make. The Founding Fathers would have been very aware of Islam. They just wanted a government that was not a Theocracy, which was what they were fleeing from themselves.
As followers of Christ, the Impact we want to make is the growth of Christ's Kingdom. I have met Somalis who never heard the Gospel while living in America. That is the real problem. Historically the place that doesn't send missionaries to tribes that don't have the gospel get invaded by those tribes and enslaved by them. Through those slaves the Gospel spreads. Its the story of the Romans and Barbarians. It also reflects a pastoral issue in the USA.
Christmas as a tradition is designed to share the Gospel it's not about our families. Its about the lost. So go give a potential terrorist a gift and Share the Gospel.
Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year!
Fuzzy Bear
P.S.
For more info on our normal ministry activities go to www.fuzzyandfiona.com
Comments
Post a Comment