God's timing

 Hi everyone!

I know it's been a while. I try to keep things consistent, but things have become so crazy this year that, at one point, I couldn't gather my thoughts to write a blog. I know that sounds bad, and in some ways, things have been challenging, but in most cases, it's a matter of being only one person, and sometimes something has to give. The blog being one of the lower-impact things, it's what I let drop off until I could pick it up again.

With all that being said, I want to talk about God's timing. If you know us very well, it's been an eventful season with me going back and forth to the USA. As I returned, I planned on helping a Canadian go to the Somali region. He was set to come in roughly a week after I landed, which gave me enough time to prepare for him. We like helping people get exposure and settle in this region, especially regarding Somalis. Maybe two days before he arrives, I get a text from a friend in central Africa whom I met at a conference. It said " gave out your number. I hope it's ok." I then get this message from a German couple who are on their way to the airport to come to Addis with no contacts because the contact they had tried to go through tried to inflate prices to skim money and trick them into using the Black Market to exchange money. Which is no different than tax evasion, which, if caught, can land them in jail. So they asked if I could help them. So I told them about my plans with the Canadian and invited them to join us. The Germans said yes and were excited to go to the Somali region.

You're probably wondering how this is God's timing. It is hard to get people to Ethiopia, much less the Somali region. In addition, two different sets of people on the same trip with no overlapping connections arrive within the same week without scheduling ahead. That is nothing short of God. That is solely His doing. While many will often be naysayers, just remember when you work for the Lord, it's not all fun, but He moves in his timing. While we have wanted guests for years His timing has always brought them in unusual and inconvenient ways. With that, in his timing, the fruit from the labors have the sweetest fruit. So keep being diligent and be aware of when he is moving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Michael Tate...

Threshing Floor

Why did Jesus flip those tables?