Scorpions, can we be like them?

 Hi Everyone!


Many of you may remember I got stung by a scorpion last summer. It was quite the event during our move and not much fun. I think it was most impactful for Fiona as she was concerned for my health as usual. This concern was mostly because it was believed to be a very poisonous scorpion called a Death Stalker. Thankfully, it was a baby. I remember the experience and my joy in meeting my first live scorpion. Fiona was afraid, so I killed it. Then the poison set in, and I was out of commission, not sure if I would survive. Now, we have the joy and memories that were created from healing and survival.

Going into a new year, we often re-evaluate our goals. As followers of Christ, we should be more like a land-hunting, highly venomous arachnid. Let me explain. 

We are all called to snatch souls from hell or, in essence, hunt prey. The Scorpion positioned itself in a dark corner on a shelf it blended in with to make its attack. So, as a follower of Christ, I want to position myself to catch more prey by sharing the Gospel and discipling more people more effectively.

I want the demons to fear my existence because I am making such an impact that letting me live is not an option like the scorpion was to Fiona. I think we see this in the lives of the early Church and why Martyrdom was so rampant. I think if the body of Christ was living this way, we would be far past irritating legislation being passed; we would see people crucified in the streets. I want to live in the same fashion.

I want the demons to rejoice if the lost have an encounter with me and don't come to faith because even they will see it as a miracle. Just like Fiona and I have come to rejoice because I survived the scorpion sting.

Last but not least, I want to be so full of the love of Christ that the lost don't care about the risk I pose to them. Even after I share the Gospel, they still stay with me so I can sting them again, and they are too excited to care.

These should be all of our goals for the new year. 

God Bless You, and Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Michael Tate...

Threshing Floor

Why did Jesus flip those tables?