Maybe we want Socialism...

 Hi Everyone!

Having been born and raised in America, I have heard many political arguments, especially in churches during the presidential election year. Most of it is propaganda, handled in a Biblically unhealthy way. Pastors that don’t disciple well turn their pulpits into political soap boxes. You hear one side say Jesus is a Socialist and the other say Jesus is a Capitalist. Neither argument is truly Biblically accurate. I’ve also lived in socialist-influenced countries and heard arguments like how can you be safe without a curfew at night? If someone other than the police and military has weapons, you can’t be safe. 

These arguments have a basis and a perspective that deems them real. The reality is that politicians of all parties use your morals and fears to manipulate the masses into voting for them while they conduct other political agendas. It’s not unique to America, but it is also a reality for Americans. Guns are one of the most significant issues, along with Immigration and Abortion.

I’ve always tried to look to the past to understand an existing problem. Politics is older than America, but some personalities have had great insight into how we should handle it.

“October 6, 1774
I met those of our society who had votes in the ensuing election, and advised them
1. To vote, without fee or reward, for the person they judged most worthy
2. To speak no evil of the person they voted against, and
3. To take care their spirits were not sharpened against those that voted on the other side.”
― 
John Wesley, The Journal of John Wesley

I seem to quote this every four years… because I do. It is still the most Biblically sound advice I have seen or heard regarding voting.

Abortion is presented moral issue more than anything, as according to the CDC, there were roughly 600,000 induced abortions in 2019. A country needs a 2% growth rate to be sustainable. With a 0.090% birthrate, the number of abortions is a drop in the bucket to the overall population need, which then has to be answered by Immigration. However, without the abortions, the problem, in theory, would rectify itself as abortions are more common among poor women who want education. Since the poor demographics breed more, it could be assumed and probably mathematically proven that no abortions over a long period would make a considerable dent in the population deficit. There would still be a massive need for Immigration, however. These are the primary reasons why these arguments exist with politicians and also help them prolong their election potential. Also, most immigrants come from socialist-influenced countries, which have a function similar to the mindset of an institutionalized inmate in America, where they follow the government-appointed schedule. This is where the guns come in. No socialist-influenced country allows them or even knives. They say it’s community safety, but the reality is that in socialism, the people are slaves to the government, and so long as people can’t fight back, they will remain slaves.

I can’t vote for democrats anymore as I have seen what socialism does and the stark increase in terrorism across the globe during democrat presidencies and a decrease during republicans. I also love freedom! Not to mention the government's overreaching to enable moral decay, including abortion and gay marriage. I wouldn’t mind seeing what happens from a third-party presidency, but they don’t usually have decent options.

So as we are in a voting season. Take the advice of Wesley and treat each other in a Godly manner and vote for the Godliest person you can find, as is your obligation to the Lord. You may think Socialism is Godly. If you don’t find slavery Godly, then you probably will have a hard time with socialism. You may find freedom Godly, so you probably want the free market of Capitalism. Regardless wrestle these things out with a Bible, not a party, and not social pressure. At the end of the day, voting by party is always voting for the lesser of the evils presented. Enjoy the election year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Michael Tate...

Threshing Floor

Why did Jesus flip those tables?