Starting Year 4 Together

 Hi Everyone!

Those of you that have been a part of my journey with Jesus are familiar with me recapping special moments periodically, like roasting a marshmallow on lava in South America, taking a boat down the Ganges river in Asia, or dipping my toes in 4 different oceans in the world. The special moments that are the extra blessing in this type of ministry aside from the Kingdom Impact.

 Since being married, there are still those moments, but they have a different flavor to me. They are more surreal and have greater importance. Life itself and serving the Lord have additional vigor to me! You are probably thinking ya, but.. you are only starting year four. In reality, I think it should be we have survived to year four!

Think back to years one and two, I should have died roughly 5 times, and we lived cross-culturally. We both had Covid and were still able to do ministry that the kingdom still sees fruit from today. When Fiona tells people about our first couple of years together, they usually cry. While everyone sees how hard it was, we see just how good the Lord has been. Midway into our second year of marriage, we went back to America for fundraising and attended and facilitated training also not easy as we were literally never in one place for more than a few months because of our job. 

Then Into our third year, we returned to Africa into a season that has been, in many ways, like stepping into the pile of triceratops feces from the first Jurassic Park movie. Yet just like the feces in the movie, this challenging portion will be fertilizer for future fruit for the Kingdom of God.

I look forward to year 4 because the Lord has given me Fiona amid the hardships. In most lifestyles, almost any woman will do, but in mine, there's only Fiona. Only she can do what we do. Outside of the cross, she is the best gift the Lord has given me. We have our hard times, as you can imagine. I see the things in our future that are on the horizon. I see nothing easier, only more complicated, in life and ministry.

I get the blessing of doing all of it with her. I don't just look forward to dinner, though her cooking is amazing! I get to serve the King of Kings with her. I don't think I could want a different life. There is no grass greener or Oasis in my desert on the horizon. As far as I can see, I'm a Nomadic King who gets to see God glorified both in ease and in suffering with the greatest Queen in all history by his side.

I look forward to the start of year four and every day forever. I hope you enjoy reading about our journey as much as I enjoy living it largely due to my Queen Fiona, who is worth far more to me than fifty camels. She is more awe-inspiring than the sun's setting and more precious than gold. She is God's continual physically present gift of his love for me.

Did I mention I love Fiona? If not, I LOVE FIONA! I also look forward to year 4 serving the King of Kings with My Queen Fiona!

May The Lord reveal His Love and Glory!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Michael Tate...

Threshing Floor

Why did Jesus flip those tables?